Translate

Saturday 4 October 2014

The Scandal of Christianity, Myth or Truth ? Part V

  • JM Don, false prophets can perform miracles, so even if Jesus did miracles it would not make him a real prophet. Secondly, I will ask you how do you know that Jesus even did any of those miracles such as raising the dead? After all, that is just a story that could easily be invented by anyone. Can you prove that he actually did any of those things? Can you prove that he was really born of a virgin? Can you prove anything that is written in the new testament? The answer is no. You can only go on it on blind faith. Unlike the Torah which was witnessed by the entire nation of Israel, not having to rely on the testimony of others. Christianity is clearly false and does not match Torah at all.

  • Don Tan Jason, I agree with you that it does not explicitly reference "David" or the "the stump of Jesse" but its talking about someone. I wont implicitly imply who that is However, its definitely not referring to, a whole nation.

    Jacob, Ok if the Hyphot
    hesis is. It's just a story ? Why was it witnessed and scribed by his disciples followers later. Moreover, why die over a lie i.e being stone to death, crucified, be-headings .... or exiled for life on the Island of Patmos. Secondly, can you provide roman, jewish and greek
    records (Plyny the Younger, Josephus, Tacitus,..., Talmud) equivalent to any old testament prophet, the likes of Yeshua. I don't think soo

    Why do you assume that the set criteria has to match one's paradigm before one decides if it is true ? Why can't one assume something is plausible, or even highly improbable, and work towards an answer. It's either true of false. A dozen disciples are not enough ? You need a whole nation of witnesses ? I cannot give you what you want based on your paradigm....

    Shalom Aleichem


  • JR Isaiah 49:3. And He said to me, "You are **My servant, Israel,** about whom I will boast."

    Isaiah 49:4. And I said, "I toiled in vain, I consumed my strength for nought and vanity." Yet surely my right is with the Lord, and my deed is with my God.


    Isaiah 49:5. And now, the Lord, Who formed me from the womb as a servant to Him, said to bring Jacob back to Him, and Israel shall be gathered to Him, and I will be honored in the eyes of the Lord, and my God was my strength.

    Isaiah 49:6. And He said, "It is too light for you to be My servant, to establish the tribes of Jacob and to bring back the besieged of Israel, but I will make you a light of nations, so that My salvation shall be until the end of the earth."

    Israel is said to be G-d's servant and will serve as a light unto the nations. This refers to a collective, not simply an individual.

  •  
    Don Tan It's not explicitly stated in Isaiah 53 i.e. Shema Israel. If you read it the way you see it. Israel as a nation was despised by the nations, and HaShem was pleased to bruise her. Israel was pierced for my transgressions ? Chapter 1 sets the context. HaShem calls Israel a 'goy choteh' sinful nation. Is ISRAEL Good or Bad ? Does this make sense to you ? ...

No comments:

Post a Comment