Translate

Sunday 25 May 2014

Yeshua's Message, lost in translation, lost in theology ? Part III

      Continuing with why Raja Petra's hypothesis is flawed. I want to point out what the
Quran says about the Trinity. This in reference to his statement in not knowing why we disagree.

And to both Christians as well as Muslims who know that Muslims accept Jesus but reject Christianity, allow me to explain why. And that explanation can be summed up
in just one word:  the Trinity (okay, so that’s two words).
 
Verse 171, chapter 4 of the Qur’an talks about Jesus and has this to say:

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, “Three”; desist – it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.
 
So there you have it. Islam regards Jesus to be of virgin birth. However, Islam regards Jesus as merely a messenger of God and it flatly rejects the Trinity. No two ways about it and no compromise on the matter. And those Christians who also reject the Trinity are People of the Book as far as Muslims are concerned while those who uphold the Trinity are not followers of Christ but deviants and heretics who are apostates in the Muslim perspective. That is Islam’s position on the Trinity.

I have highlighted these paragraphs, so that, i do not take what he has said out of 
context. I am not an islamic scholar. I am simply going to point out a verse that explains
itself. If Muslims read what it says, they can decide if the Quran really describes the 
nature of the Trinity


[5:116]   GOD will say, "O Jesus, son of Mary, did you say to the people, `Make me 
and my mother idols beside GOD?' " He will say, "Be You glorified. I could not utter 
what was not right. Had I said it, You already would have known it. You know
my thoughts, and I do not know Your thoughts. You know all the secrets.
[5:117]   "I told them only what You commanded me to say, that: `You shall 
worship GOD,my Lord and your Lord.' I was a witness among them for as long as 
I lived with them. When You terminated my life on earth, You became the Watcher 
over them. You witness all things.

The Nicene Creed was written in the 4th AD along with the later Athanasian Creed.
These creeds were used more than 600 years before the advent of Islam. I suggest
one should compare these carefully worded documents with this claim. This is why 
i don't believe Muslims really know what they are saying, that the Quran refutes 
the Doctrine of the Trinity. There is no verse in the Quran that talks about the true 
nature of the Trinity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment