Translate

Saturday 10 May 2014

The Enigma of the Trinity

           Raja Petra Kamaruddin (RPK) in his blog article you cant debate hudud
makes a bold assertion that Christianity cannot be explained in a logical manner.
I quote

          Disputing Hudud would be just like disputing the Trinity or arguing
that it is illogical that Jesus was the Son of God or that Jesus died and came
back to life three days later.  Since when do we use logic to debate religion?
         
        Actually, what he assumes is not really true. You can show evidence that
there was man named Yeshua ben yosef. His followers claimed that he was
the promised Messiac (Chosen One of the Lord). Once you have established that
point. Provide evidence as to the character of the Messiah. What RPK really
means is that one cannot provide empirical evidence as to the Supernatural.
Some time ago i had a conversation with Syed M a blogger. Although, i am not
going to publish our conversation. I'd like to share somethings that i said
personally to him about the Trinity.


  Since you asked about the Trinity. Let me explain directly from the Hebrew, no
loss of translation. This is what is written in the Tanakh. I am not lying. God is Yahweh (YHWH). God has a Spirit (Ruah Hakodesh). God sends a Messiah (Messiac). Hebrews don't believe the Messiah in the Son of God. Christians do.
Why? Read Isaiah 53 (Tanakh) directly

 וּזְר֥וֹעַ יְהוָ֖ה (Verse 1) and is the arm, of the Lord Yah·weh יְהוָ֖ה ū·zə·rō·w·a‘ וּזְר֥וֹעַ 

I researched it myself what the Trinity is. I didn't ask my pastor or read it from
a book that explains the Trinity. I was challenged many times and i went to look
for proof directly from the source. These are direct word for word, not translated
from the Hebrew. Look, i understand that God cannot be 3 (i.e. different gods) 
persons (but 1 God perceived as 3 different distinctness) . The word
Elohim (~ plural) for Lord , denotes that God is much more complicated, than
human understanding. You know know more than most Muslim(s) about the
Hebrew text. I'm not asking you to believe me. I'm asking you to pray to the 
'God of Abraham' to reveal himself to you. A generic prayer, no Jesus, no Yeshua,
no Muhammed etc.....


      As for the term, Son of God. Yeshua himself uses the term 'Father' repeatedly.
The Tanakh, does refer to the 'Son of God' in Psalm 2:7


 יְֽהוָ֗ה            אָמַ֘רי            אֵלַ֥            בְּנִ֥י   
 b(e)ni      el-ay         a-mar         Adonai (YHWH)
 My Son,  unto me,   has said,    My Lord

The term Trinity best explains the relationship between Yahweh ( The Lord),
Ruah Hakodesh (Holy Spirit) , and the Messiac (Messiah).

If one is interested in a detailed explanation on the nature of the Trinity.
I suggest reading Mere Christianity by C. S Lewis. Pay special attention
to chapter 2 ( See audio book below at 1:09)

]

No comments:

Post a Comment