Translate

Monday 30 June 2014

The God of the Impossible or Improbable ?

       My uncle was Jewish, from the tribe of Manashe. I met him late in
life after rather improbable circumstances. My aunt, had married late in
life. It was on one of my trips back to Malaysia that we were acquainted.
He was a Jewish Messianic believer in Christ. I thought, how odd, it
seemed. How could there be any jews in Malaysia. My aunt revealed it
to me. It didn't quite click. Long after his death. The God of the Improbable,
led me to some startling findings. The penang kadesh, stories of jewish
settlements, and the B'nai Manashe  tribe of India.

    Malaysian culture unlike the melting-pot ethnicity of the US tends
to fall across cultural lines. Malays, Indians, Chinese, and a milieu of
aboriginal Orang Asli hold onto language, values, and customs strongly.
Was it a coincidence or providence that our paths met. This was long
after i had moved away from Malaysia. Only the God of the Improbable
knows. The one thing that i know for sure, is that my God, is the God
of the Possible. He speaks more than Aramaic , or Arab, or Hebrew,...
He converses in myriads of text of Hebrew, Greek, Latin,... He appears
to all Peoples, in Vision and Dreams, as he said, he would in the last
days
  
“ ‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.

Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.

Acts 2:17-18 



1 comment: