Translate

Saturday 19 January 2013

Grace, Redeeming Grace

           My Muslim friend, for anonymity. I'll call him 'Kash'. Once remarked,
'and JC will save you' which i  found quite sarcastic. I wondered why Kash would make
such a remark in a nonchalant manner. I realized he was looking at Christianity from the
lense of a Non-Christian.

          You see, Kash is a Very Moral person. He gives alms (Zakat), fasts (Ramadan) and
does not have any overt vices that  i am aware off. An overall Responsible Citizen that is
a Positive Contributor to Society. On his Merits alone; by far, Kash, you could say, is a
Better Person that i am.

      Why did i take the time to describe Kash? Simply, he views Christians on a
'Moral Weight Scale'. His 'Moral Scale' is on a much 'Heavier Level' compared to me or
at the very least, that is how he see's himself. Question? Is this because he believes he is
Holier or is it because the Christian Life does not reflect what a Follower of  Yeshua should
be. Hypocrites, who call themselves Christians.


 
I can only address the second issue. This is my perspective on the Christian Life. When i
accepted Yeshua as my Lord and Saviour. If my confession was/is sincere. I literally
accepted the Holy Spirit in me and the Blood of Yeshua continually cleanses my Sin. The
'Cross' becomes the central theme in my Life. I am still a Sinner but have been redeemed
and continue to be redeemed.  Can a Christian be a Hypocrite? Sadly yes, Yeshua himself
remarked

21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment 
day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons
in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’  But I will reply, ‘I never
 knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’ ~ Matthew 7:21-23

 Muslim Apologists like to play 'Musical Chairs' when it comes to the verse above. They
infer  that the verse implies accepting Islam as the true faith. This is incorrect. Yeshua
was talking directly to his disiples about doing his Fathers will and standing himself judging
the dead. Should Christians despair. I  Think Not. Listen to what Paul say's to the Philipians

 
Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.  Whenever I pray, I make my requests 
for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about 
Christ from the time you first heard it until now.  And I am certain that God, who began the 
good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when 
Christ Jesus returns. ~ Philippians 1:3-6

         

No comments:

Post a Comment